The benefits of implementing a mobile strategy
BlackBerry’s whitepaper, The CIOs Guide to EMM, highlights the importance of having a mobile strategy in place. Devising a clear strategy will help you to establish not only what will work for your business today, but will help you to plan effectively for the future.
To ensure you meet the requirements and goals of the business, consulting with key stakeholders will form an essential part of the planning process.
Here are some key questions to address with your stakeholders and teams when devising your mobility strategy:
- If we are to improve productivity and mobility what types of mobile apps will enable this?
- In a more mobile and cloud orientated world – are we doing enough to ensure the security of our own and our clients’ / customers’ data?
- Do we have the confidence and trust of employees in relation to privacy issues
- Are we in a position to predict IT costs regarding mobility? Are these solutions future proof?
- How certain are we that our business data, application credentials and user configurations are secure on mobile?
- What do we need to do to ensure that app developers, app owners and IT are working to the same security standards across the board?
- How do we ensure a consistent level of security is applied by development teams across the board?
- How will we address scalability issues as users increase their use of mobile?
- Are we fulfilling security or compliance requirements?
- Is it beneficial to consolidate the number of suppliers / solutions in our mobility portfolio?
Laying out the challenges you need to resolve, and the questions you and others from your organisation need to answer, will help you form a clear plan and help to minimise surprises as you set out on your mobility journey.
To discuss your mobility strategy and how you can implement your plans contact us